1) First be sure to that your agent is online. You can check your status to see that you are online in the configurator by clicking the “Agents” tab. If the little button is green next to your agents name then that agent is online.
The proactive chat will only prompt visitors on your website when at least one of your agent is online and your agents are not all maxed out with chats already.
2) Make sure that the box next to ‘Enable proactive chat when a live chat agent is online‘ in the ‘Proactive Chat‘ tab is selected! Sometimes it is easy to miss those little details
You can leave the default URL rule untouched: http*://* – with this the proactive chat will work on all pages that SnapEngage is installed on. If you want to set up more individual rules please take a look at our help article here.
3) Clear your cookies.
SnapEngage blocks chat for one hour after the window is closed. This feature avoids harassing your website visitors. For testing, you should use a Google Chrome Incognito window, a Firefox Private Browsing window, or similar. That way, SnapEngage will see you as a fresh visitor and will engage you based on the proactive rules you have set.
4) In the options tab of your configurator. Make sure your are not outside your selected hours of operation.
5) Test for your self by clicking on: Give it a try.
Once you click Give it a try you will then see this page.
Before you can proceed to step 2 all four items will need a check next to them. Once all four items have a check next to them you can then enter the URL of the page you would like to test. Next, in step 3 click Test it! then see the results below in step 4.
6) If everything is set up correctly but you still have problems with the Proactive Chat, don’t hesitate to ping us here in the chat or send an offline message. We are here to help!