Home > How to set up the SnapEngage Chat Portal inside Desk
Categories: Integrations & Plugins
(Last Updated On: September 7, 2018)
You can integrate the SnapEngage chat portal with your Desk.com account to receive and answer chats from within the Desk dashboard.
To do this, you will need to re-purpose Desk.com’s Phone Channel integration, available with the Desk Pro plan, by following the steps below:
In Desk’s admin dashboard, click on the gear icon to go to the site settings and activate Phone Integrations:
You will then need to fill in the integration channel details:
- Name the channel, for example SnapEngage Chat
- Add the URL to the chat portal: https://www.snapengage.com/client
- Add a width and a height for the chat portal window inside Desk, for example 700 x 800 px (you can see how much of the screen this “size” fills by looking at the last screenshot in this post)
- Select the team members that should have the chat channel available
- Click on “Add Integration” in the lower right corner
- The desktop and sound notifications will alert the agents of new incoming chats as before.
- Agents can always access their chats by clicking on the phone icon, and hide the portal by clicking on the minimize icon right below the agent’s picture in the upper right corner of the screen.
- When closing the browser page or tab, the agent will be prompted with an alert that they will sign out of the chat portal.
- The phone icon on the top right corner does not visually indicate new chats or messages; you need to have the chat portal open to see this information.
Published April 4, 2016