Home > How to set up your WeChat account as one of your SnapEngage Communication Channels
Categories: Integrations & Plugins
(Last Updated On: August 19, 2020)
Please note that you can configure more than one WeChat accounts per widget, and that you will need an official WeChat account to be able to configure it. Your visitors will need to follow that account to be able to chat with you.
1. Login to the Admin Dashboard, select the Widget you want to add the WeChat account to and navigate to your Settings tab. Across the top, you will find the ‘Channels’ tab. Click that tab.
2. Click on the “Add WeChat Account” button:
3. You will then be asked to complete the WeChat configuration in 3 steps. Step 1 is to make sure you are logged in your WeChat account:
4. Once you are logged in click “Next” to move to Step 2 where you will need to fill in your WeChat ID, App ID and App Secret:
WeChat ID: You need to fill this in with your”Original ID” which you will find on your WeChat admin page in the “Set Up” section and under the “Information Registered” subsection. Bear in mind this is not the name of your account, but a code, probably something like gh_xxxxxx (“xxx” likely being some numbers).
App ID and App Secret: You will find your “AppID” and “AppSecret” if you open the “Development” section of your WeChat admin page and under the “Basic Configuration” subsection.
5.Click next to move to Step 3 where you will find the instructions to complete the WeChat configuration:
As you can also read above, this step consists of the following:
- In the “Basic Configuration” subsection of your WeChat admin page you need to click the “Modify” button in the “Server Configuration” settings.
- Then, please complete the “URL” and “Token” fields with the values that have been generated and which you will find in the “Step 3” window: Please note that the URL and Token will be hidden when you close this window.
- Always in your WeChat admin page, generate a random EncodingAESKey.
- Choose “Plain text Mode”.
- Click the “Submit” button.
6.Click on “Finish”and “Save Changes”:
Your WeChat configuration is now ready and your agents will receive messages coming from your WeChat account to their Chat Portals and will be able to handle them as any other chat.
- You cannot edit an existing WeChat configuration. If there are changes you need to do about the configured WeChat account, you will need to delete the existing one and create another one :
- Agents and visitors can still use file exchange but they can only exchange jpeg and png files with a size limit of 1MB.
- Any offline messages a WeChat user sends you within the time frame of 2 minutes, will be accumulated to one offline case. That means that if a WeChat user sends you a message during your offline hours (when chat is not available) and after 5 minutes sends another following their first one, there will be two offline cases generated in your logs.
Please refer to the Communication Channels article for a guide on how to configure auto-greeting messages and how to respond to offline cases.
Banning a visitor while they chat with you via WeChat bans this account permanently.
WeChat requires SnapEngage’s IP address to be whitelisted in order for the integration to work successfully.
All traffic to and from SnapEngage and WeChat is done through the following IP address, which you can whitelist within WeChat:
Published May 23, 2017