Home > How to set up your Zalo account as one of your SnapEngage Communication Channels
Categories: Integrations & Plugins
(Last Updated On: February 7, 2019)
Zalo is one of the various Communication Channels you can use with SnapEngage to connect with your clients. Messages sent to your Zalo account from your visitors will be directed to your agents’ Conversations Hub and will be handled as any other live chat coming from your website.
You can connect more than one Zalo accounts on each widget.
Before you connect your Zalo account to SnapEngage, you will need to adjust some of its configurations to make sure the integration between Zalo and SnapEngage will work.
1. Go to https://developers.zalo.me/oa/openapi/manage/oas where you will find a list of your Zalo accounts (if you have more than one) and click edit (1) for the account you want to connect to SnapEngage.
2. Enable the third party API by clicking on ‘Enable’ (2).
3. In ‘Server Settings’ provide the following callback URL (3.1) and disable ‘Force Query’ option (3.2).
URL Callback: https://www.snapengage.com/visitorchannels/zalo/webhooks/public
4. Click on ‘Register API + Webhook’ in order to edit the messaging options.
5. Enable the required ‘Send Message’ (5) options (Upload Photo, Send Text Message, Send Image Message, Send Links Message, Get Message Status).
6. At the bottom of the same page enable required webhook events (6) (User Send Image Event, User Send Link Event, User Send Text Event and User Send Voice Event).
1. Login to the Admin Dashboard, select the Widget you want to connect your Zalo account to and then navigate to your Settings tab. Across the top, you will find the ‘Channels’ tab. Click on it.
2. Click on the “Add Zalo Account” (2). You will be asked to sign into your official Zalo account page on https://developers.zalo.me/oa/openapi/manage/oas
3. Once you have logged in click “Next” and you will be asked to provide your Account name (3.1), Zalo Official Account ID (3.2) and Secret key(3.3).
4. Find that information on the same page you visited before to sign into your Zalo account if you click “edit” (4.1) on the Zalo account you are configuring.
(4.2) Account name
(4.3) Official Account ID
(4.4) Official Account secret key
5. Once you have filled in the three fields click on “Finish” (5) to complete the configuration:
6. To remove a Zalo account, simply click on the trash can icon (6).
Please refer to the Communication Channels article for a guide on how to configure auto-greeting messages and how to respond to offline cases.
Banning a visitor while they chat with you via Zalo bans the Zalo user permanently.
Published July 13, 2018