Home > Google Custom Search as SnapEngage knowledge base source
(Last Updated On: September 14, 2018)
SnapEngage provides an option to use Google Custom Search engine as a knowledge base source.
SnapEngage uses ‘Custom Search JSON/Atom API’ provided by Google. Some prerequisites are required before using custom search with SnapEngage.
- Search engine ID. Search is done with Google Custom Search Engine. Therefore, you need to create one in the Control Panel.
- API key. Custom Search API requires the use of an API key. You can get a key by clicking on ‘Get a Key’ button on prerequisites page.
Please note that Google Custom Search is a paid option. Please check the pricing before using it.
You should have a Custom Search engine ID and an API key before SnapEngage knowledge base setup.
- Navigate to ‘Knowlege Bases’ on ‘Integration’ tab in admin dashboard.
- Select ‘Google Custom Search’.
- Provide Search engine ID and custom search API key. You can find the engine’s ID in the Setup > Basics > Details section of the Control Panel.
- Save configuration.
- Google Custom search guide
- Create Google Custom Search engine tutorial
- Custom Search Engine management guide
Published February 5, 2018