Home > What Cookies does SnapEngage set on the visitors computer?
Categories: Chat Agent Docs
(Last Updated On: May 17, 2018)
- SnapABugRef, ttl=120min, tracking of origin and site entry
- SnapABugChatSession, ttl=16min, tracking of chat in progress
- SnapABugNoProactiveChat, ttl=30min (but to be configurable), flag to avoid proactively prompting visitors again
- SnapABugChatPoll, ttl=16min, tracking of the chat in progress transcript position
- SnapABugChatMessage, ttl=16min, message type by visitor persistence across pages
- SnapABugChatView, ttl=16min, check logic handling
- SnapABugHistory, ttl=1year, keep track of the visitor visits and last chats to present history to agent
- SnapABugVisit, ttl=0 (session only), detection of new session
- SnapABugUserEmail, ttl=1 year, visitor email address used to prepopulate the pre-chat window
- SnapABugBanned, ttl=30 days, tracking of visitor banned for chatting (banned by agent ban command)
- SnapABugChatWindow, ttl=30min, tracking of the chat box position and minimize status
- SnapABugMinimizeStashCookie, ttl=0 (per click only), detection of new messages while minimized so they persist during navigation.
- SnapABugAgentAvatar, we are using this cookie to store the agent image URL for showing the agent avatar on the minimize state of the chat.
The only personal information about the visitor stored in a cookie is the email address they provided. This information is scrambled (not readable in plain text)
Published January 18, 2012