Home > What Cookies does SnapEngage set on the visitors computer?
Categories: Chat Agent Docs
(Last Updated On: January 20, 2021)
- SnapABugRef, ttl=120min, recording of origin and site entry to display to chat agent for context
- SnapABugChatSession, ttl=16min, tracking of chat in progress
- SnapABugNoProactiveChat, ttl=30min (but to be configurable), flag to avoid proactively prompting visitors again
- SnapABugChatPoll, ttl=16min, tracking of the chat in progress transcript position
- SnapABugChatMessage, ttl=16min, partial message entered by visitor persistence across page changes
- SnapABugChatView, ttl=16min, used by the logic enforcing only 1 chat window per active chat session
- SnapABugHistory, ttl=1year, keep track of the visitor visits and last chats to present history to agent for context
- SnapABugVisit, ttl=0 (session only), detection of new session
- SnapABugUserName [DEPRECATED], see SnapABugUserAlias which has replaced this cookie.
- SnapABugBanned, ttl=30 days, recording of visitor banned for chatting (banned by agent ban command) to prevent future chats
- SnapABugChatWindow, ttl=30min, recording of the chat box position and minimize status
- SnapABugMinimizeStashCookie, ttl=0 (per click only), detection of new messages while minimized so they persist during navigation.
- SnapABugAgentAvatar,ttl=16min, stores the agent image URL in order to show the agent avatar on the minimize state of the chat.
- SnapABugApproval, ttl=1year, stores the visitor’s acceptance of the Approval Checker so that they are not prompted by it again if they have accepted it within 1 year.
The only personal information about the visitor stored in a cookie is the email address they provided. This information is scrambled (not readable in plain text)
Published January 18, 2012