Home > Visitor Privacy – what information does SnapEngage gather about your website visitors
(Last Updated On: August 5, 2021)
The purpose of this article is to provide a comprehensive overview of what information does SnapEngage gather about your website visitors.
SnapEngage will only store your website visitor information if the visitor is engaging in the chat. The report is meant to contextualize the chat for the agent and better help them support the visitor. SnapEngage does not share this information with 3rd parties and complies to the EU Safe Harbor Framework . Additionally we can provide hosting of your SnapEngage account on a separate EU based server infrastructure – come to chat with us if you are interested in this option!
The report we provide to the agent will be stored securely on SnapEngage (see more information on the security here) and includes the following information:
- The email address, if provided by the visitor.
- The website address that the chat started on.
- Entry page on your website that the visitor arrived on.
- Referral page (if available).
- User environment: Browser, Platform, User Agent.
- Languages set up in the visitors browser.
- User history: Number of site visits, number of communications.
- Last contacts chat history.
- User IP Address – can be deactivated to comply to EU privacy regulations.
- User Geo. Location – can be deactivated.
- Social Information based on public profiles connected to the visitors email address – can be deactivated.
You can find an article specifying the cookies SnapEngage sets on your behalf here. The cookies are set for your domain only and can not be used to track the visitor outside of it.
Published June 17, 2015