Home > Guide Bot Template: High Traffic Queue Bot
Categories: Featured Article
(Last Updated On: October 14, 2020)
See the full list of available Guide Bot templates here.
Triage customer support requests with this bot when you are experiencing a high-traffic situation and you are unable to respond to all requests in a timely manner. Place this bot in a tier above your agents to only kick in once all your agents are busy.
- Set customer expectations to lessen frustration
- Direct customers to alternative sources of help
- Direct some customers to lower priority options if they don’t have urgent issues
- Alert customers to major outage or problem conditions
- If you have agents online and available to chat (i.e. there is no queue), chat with agents will be available and visitors will not interact with this bot.
- If you have agents online and their capacity is maxed (i.e. a queue has formed), this bot will kick in and respond to support requests.
- If you experience periods of time where all agents are offline, we recommend manually enabling/disabling this bot or taking advantage of online/offline schedules to ensure an optimal customer experience.
Published October 8, 2020